Start Date 20/07/2022
Fixed term role until 01/12/2022
The Camden Group has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our highly motivated team as a Calf Rearer at Camden Farm, just south of Dunsandel.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, we’re on the search for someone with an excellent attitude, honesty, reliability, punctuality, self-organisation and has a desire to work as part of a team. We’re keen for flexibility to meet seasonal requirements and unforeseen circumstances, someone who cares about animals and the environment.
Does this sound like you?
- You are available to work from late July until calf rearing is complete (around the start of December).
- You’ve had some experience with calf births as well as feeding and caring for the newborns
- Milking experience as part of a large dairy herd operation is a big bonus.
- You can use farm equipment, machinery and vehicles competently
- You have a good understanding of animal nutrition, animal health and animal welfare issues and the things that impact on health and welfare
- You have a good understanding of compliance requirements and you have a desire to be environmentally low impact
- You can keep accurate records and reports
- You’re great at time management and you know when to prioritise tasks
- You have excellent problem-solving skills.
We offer an hourly rate based on experience and skill level, and regular flexible rostered time off. There are also opportunities for further growth within the Camden Group in seasons to come.
Camden Farm has four staff and aims to peak milk 800 cows through a 2020-built 54-bail rotary with automatic cup removers and in-shed feeding. The farm is 221ha, with irrigation via a centre pivot, 3 rotorainers and set grid sprinklers. Camden is in Southbridge – 10 minutes south of Dunsandel, 50 minutes south of Christchurch and 10 minutes north of Rakaia.
We’re a high-performing team, lucky enough to work in a great environment. There’s talent, ambition and support at every level of the Camden Group along with opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills with an eye to the next step in your farming career. It’s all part of the Camden Way – see more here.
Submit your interest by email to email@example.com addressing the above requirements in a detailed cover letter and CV. A full job description is available on request.
We’ll be reviewing applications as they arrive, so send in your application as soon as possible!